Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
February 26, 2009
- The meeting was called to order at 7:33pm at Kehrs Mill Elementary School. Present were trustees
Don Baird, Scott Eiler, Meredith McMindes, and Michael Olszewski. The following homeowners attended the
Kevin & Casey Pfarr
- Don announced that Scott Eiler would take over the duties of treasurer, thanking trustee Michele
Withers for her work as treasurer for the past 1 1/2 years. Scott will obtain the past invoices from
Michele. Michele will work on Neighborhood Watch.
- Scott Eiler presented a detailed financial report to the Board and homeowners (attached). He included his
recommendations to the Board for future accounting (also attached). His recommendations include:
- to maintain the books on a cash basis
- review the current method of accounting with Keith Vollmer, the subdivision's accountant
- recommend that all treasurer reports and/or Income Statements be included in the minutes and not be
more than 45 days between reports
- recommended that the Treasurer and a rotating Board member verify Expenses, Income and bank
- recommended that the CD with the funds from Baxter Road be renewed for another 9 months at 1.9% (no
action needed by the Board)
Scott also noted that he did not review the individual invoices or City & Villages statements to date, but that all
Income and Expense accounts submitted in 2008 and 2009 match City & Villages statements and Bank Midwest statements.
Meredith will meet with Scott Eiler and Don Baird at Bank Midwest in the next week to update the trustee
signatures on file with the bank. Past Board members names will be removed from the account.
- Scott informed the Board that liens on outstanding assessments will be coming from City & Village in the next
month. Since the Board does not meet in March (the Kehrs Mill library is unavailable due to spring break
schedule), a vote to process the liens was taken. All four attending trustees agreed to sign off on the liens
when they are received.
- Michael presented a bid from Spectrum Lawn Care for treating the common areas and circles for weed
control and fertilization. The bid was $338, 4 times per year. This did not change from 2008. It was
discussed and decided that other bids did not need to be obtained, but that Michael would ask Spectrum if they
could tighten up the bid. Don will notify the Board via email for a vote.
- Michael obtained a schedule of cutting for the common grounds for 2009. This will be posted on the
website so homeowners know when to expect mowing. He also reported that there was a tree down on Golden
Rain that needed to be removed before cutting began.
- Meredith reported that a letter to a homeowner concerning a shed on the homeowner's property, Michael
mentioned that the property is going up for sale. He will call Meredith with the details. Meredith will
call the homeowner and follow up with a letter, copying the real estate agent, that the shed must be removed
prior to the sale of the property.
- Meredith will send a 2nd letter to a homeowner requesting the removal of a work truck from the driveway.
If it is not parked at an alternate location or in the garage, this matter will be forwarded to the attorney.
Michael reported that an unlicensed van has been parked in the subdivision. He will notify the City of
Chesterfield, as this is against Chesterfield's ordinances.
- Don updated the Board on the cul-de-sac improvement project. There are now representatives for all but 2 cul-de-sacs.
- An H/PIA for a deck replacement was received. It was approved and Scott will contact the homeowners.
- One of the homeowners in attendance mentioned that they were happy to see updated Treasurer reports at the meeting.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:55pm. The next scheduled meeting will be held on April 30, 2009, 7:30pm in the Kehrs Mill Elementary Library.