Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
October 29, 2009
- The meeting was called to order at 7:34pm at Kehrs Mill Elementary School. Present were trustees
Don Baird, Scott Eiler, Meredith McMindes and Michael Olszewski; Michele Withers was unable to attend.
Also present were 16 homeowners. As the homeowners signed in, they received ballots for the election.
One ballot per homeowner address.
- Don Baird welcomed the homeowners to the annual meeting and introduced the Board of Trustees.
- Scott Eiler presented the 2010 proposed budget. He discussed how he prepared the budget, comparing
expenses in 2008 and 2009, aligning posting codes, and estimating assessment income. He estimates that
the assessment income for 2010 will be $70,000, due to the increase of delinquent assessments (28 in 2009
v. 14 in 2008). He explained that the subdivision uses cash based accounting v. the accrual method,
reporting annual assessments in the year they were received. Scott also reported that the subdivision has
an average of $45,000 in reserve for unexpected expenses. Scott moved to have the 2010 budget accepted
and the motion was seconded from the floor.
The finances as of 9/30/09: the checking account at City & Village had a balance of $22,229.63. The Bank
Midwest money market account had a balance of $65,494.85.
- Don presented a list of Meadowbrook Farm/ Clarkson Estates Board accomplishments to the homeowners.
This list will be available on the website. It included updates made to financial reporting, a recap
of the number of Home/Property Improvement Applications received, indenture violations corrected, common
ground management, and newsletter/website updates.
- Meredith McMindes reported that an application for a fence had been received, which she and Scott
had approved. She delivered a bill from Spectrum to Scott. Meredith also spoke of preparing for the
trustee election, with 5 homeowners running for the 2 positions available. There were 6 requests for
absentee ballots, which were all returned.
- Michael informed the Board that there were 2 more cuttings on the calendar and he will schedule to
have the pampas grass and burning bushes in the circles and common ground cut back. He reported that
the Cul-de-Sac coordinator meeting was held last May and 50% of the volunteers toured the circles and
reported the areas most in need of re-landscaping. Silverwood Court was the worst, which has since
been replanted with most coming from Missouri American Water Co. (due to a water break, most plantings
had died). Long Gate Court and Winterhaven Court were 2nd and 3rd on the cul-de-sac coordinator's
list. As funds become available, these circles will be re-landscaped.
- Don reported on the updates being made to the website and introduced Kevin, who maintains the
website for the subdivision. He also thanked homeowner Kim Utz for her help with writing articles and
doing research for the newsletter, which is mailed out quarterly.
- Don introduced the homeowners who were running for the open Board positions, and thanked all 5 who
volunteered their time to fill these positions. These gentlemen then had the opportunity to tell the
group about themselves and what they felt they could bring to the Board. Adam Hale, Gary Shannon, Austin
Peppin, and Kevin Prunty each took a few minutes to speak; John Woodhead was not able to attend the meeting.
As the election ballots were collected, Scott Eiler, representing the Board, thanked Meredith McMindes for
her 16 years of dedicated service to the subdivision in the position of Secretary.
- Meredith McMindes and homeowner Lynn Raney counted the ballots. Austin Peppin received the most votes,
granting him the 3 year term as trustee. Adam Hale and Kevin Prunty received the same number of votes for
the 1 year term, so a second ballot was distributed for a vote. Adam Hale received more votes and will take
the 1 year term, filling the retiring trustee's position.
Trustee terms are:
- 2010 - Michael Olszewski, Adam Hale
- 2011 - Don Baird
- 2012 - Scott Eiler, Austin Peppin
- The annual assessment of $125 was voted in; 3 people abstained.
- Mail pick-up schedule:
- Nov - Don
- Dec - Scott
- Jan - Michael
- Feb - Austin
- Mar - Adam
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm. The next scheduled meeting will be held on November 19, 2009, 7:30pm
in the Kehrs Mill Elementary Library.