Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
Subdivision Meeting
September 23, 2010

  1. Call to Order: Board President Don Baird called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm. Also present were Trustees Scott Eiler, Adam Hale, Michael Olszewski, and Austin Peppin. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added. Scott motioned that the minutes of the July 15th meeting be approved as read. Adam seconded and the vote was unanimous.

  2. President's Report: Don reported that the next Newsletter will go out in October. The next meeting is the annual meeting which has been re-scheduled for October 28th at Kehrs Mill School. Austin will draft a notice to be sent to homeowners by Oct 7th alerting them to the meeting. Don will handle placing a notice on the web-site. The agenda will include presentation of the 2011 budget, approval of the annual assessment fee, and election of two trustees each for a three year term. The proposed annual fee for 2011 is $125.00 per household (no increase from 2010). Michael Olszewski indicated that he will be retiring from the Board when his term expires in October. Adam Hale, whose term also expires in October, submitted a written request to be placed on the ballot for re-election at the October meeting. Homeowners interested in placing their name on the ballot list are required to provide a written request by October 7th. Absentee ballot requests are to be received at the PO Box by October 19th, and absentee ballots received by October 28th prior to the meeting.

  3. Treasurers Report: (See Scott’s Summary Report attached). Scott reported that based on projected income & expenses, we should end the 2010 year in good financial position, placing some money into reserves. This is due primarily to lower than budgeted mowing and legal fees. Fifteen homeowners are delinquent in assessment fees involving approximately $6000 in uncollected fees. Scott reported this is the lowest amount in three years. Approximately half of this is owed by two homeowners. The Board is proceeding with litigation with one homeowner to recover over $2000 in unpaid fees, interest and penalties. Scott also presented the proposed budget for 2011. After some discussion it was agreed that the assessment fee should remain at $125.00 and that we should budget some funds for continued cul-de-sac improvement, and repairs to the steps of the common ground pathway between Country Ridge and Golden Rain. Scott proposed reducing the budget for mowing by $3000 to provide for these two improvements (see revised proposed 2011 budget attached). Adam proposed that the 2011 budget be approved as modified; Scott seconded and the aye vote for was unanimous. Scott also said he would handle the forms necessary for City & Village Tax Office (C&V) to collect the 2011 assessment fees.

  4. Secretaries Report: Austin presented two summary reports. The first was an update (see attached) of the Violations Summary started last meeting (items in red are new for this meeting). He reported that a home on Timber Hill had been resided after citing by the City of Chesterfield (COC). Also, a homeowner on Silverwood Lane had moved their basketball hoop off the roadway and back further on the driveway following a letter requesting this. A letter was sent to a homeowner on Winterhaven regarding the overgrown front yard, after a complaint by a neighbor and review by the COC. There appears to be some attempt to clean this up. Austin presented the revised meeting schedule for 2010-2011 (see attached). The annual meeting date has been changed (see 1 above) and the December meeting has been rescheduled at Kehrs Mill School’s request, due to a school function conflict. Don suggested that we update the welcome letter sent to new homeowners. Austin agreed to contact C&V office and obtain a copy of the current welcome package and draft a new welcome letter. After some discussion, it was agreed that we should include a copy of the Indenture in the welcome package and also post a copy on the web-site. Adam agreed to obtain a fresh copy of the current Indenture for scanning. Austin also agreed to get an up to date copy of the homeowner list from C&V in spreadsheet form, so that he can keep it up to date as new homeowners are listed, or transfers made.

  5. Common Ground Report: Michael had nothing new to report on the common ground other than the fallen tree at the rear of Thistlebriar had been removed and that the sprinkler system has been turned off for the winter. He reported that Mike Martin (common ground mower) had submitted a copy of his insurance coverage, but not sent in the requested liability/workmen’s compensation waiver. Michael will contact Martin to request these. Due to his resignation, Michael agreed to develop a list of responsibilities/activities for the common ground coordinator that can be used as guide for a new trustee who takes up this responsibility. Scott and Adam agreed to look at the steps on the Golden Rain/Country Ridge pathway, and to obtain bids on potential repairs/upgrade.

  6. Cul-de-sac Update: It was agreed to postpone further planning of cul-de-sac upgrading until next January.

  7. Districts within the Sub-division: Adam reported that there had been no volunteers by homeowners to act as Neighborhood Watch captains. We need to raise awareness of this issue following the burglaries in the summer.

  8. Home Appearance Issues: Nothing new to report.

  9. H/PIA Issues: Adam reported that one new H/PIA had been approved

  10. Beautification Program: Austin presented a summary of Yard of the Month winners and honorable mentions (see attached). This has been a successful program much appreciated by the winners. It was agreed that October would be the last month for this year, and that we will pick it up in the Spring.

  11. Homeowner Forum: Nothing to report.

  12. AOB: Mail pick up roster is as follows:
    October - Scott
    December - Austin
    November - Adam

  13. Next Meeting: October 28th at Kehrs Mill Elementary.

  14. The meeting was adjourned 9:00 pm.

  15. Download the minutes in PDF format.