Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
December 17, 2010
- Call to Order: Board President Don Baird called the meeting to order at 7:25 pm. Also present were Trustees Scott Eiler, Adam Hale, and Austin Peppin. Kevin Prunty was absent on business. There were no homeowners present. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added. Scott motioned that the minutes of the October 28th annual meeting be approved as read. Adam seconded and the vote was unanimous.
- President's Report: The December 15th visit by Santa to the Sub-division was well attended and appreciated, in spite of the short notice from the Fire Dept. Don and Austin are now on the Fire departments notification list so that we get earlier notice next year and can alert residents. Kevin Pfarr has organized e-mail addresses for Trustees based on the sub-division web-site. Discussion of the use of these was delayed until the next meeting. Kevin is reorganizing content on the site to put information in a more logical order (a new section titled “our neighborhood”). There is a meeting on January 12th called by St Louis County on the forthcoming Baxter Rd project (will begin in the Spring) at Parkway West Middle School. All Trustees are encouraged to attend. Country Ridge homeowner has responded with an H/PIA proposal regarding his trailer. It was decided that Scott and Austin would visit with them to discuss and clarify the proposal to see if this was acceptable to meet the Indenture requirements. Don requested that other Trustees look at another trailer situation on Long Gate. Don reported that Laclede Gas had contacted the sub-division regarding and easement on common ground bordering Baxter Rd as part of the Baxter Rd project (see attached letter). It was decided that we need input from homeowners on Golden Rain, who back on to Baxter and are also being asked for easements, before responding to Laclede Gas (Don to initiate). Don also mentioned that the current CDs had Meredith and Mike as signatories. They have been removed and Don, Scott and Adam made signatories.
- Treasurers Report: (See Scott’s Summary Report attached). Scott reported that the annual assessments have been mailed and are due to be paid by January 31 2011. The financial status is still good, with a small surplus expected by the end of the year. Scott is hoping that most assessments will be paid in 2011, bringing income and revenues into balance on a calendar year basis.
- Secretaries Report: Austin presented final annual versions of the Violations Summary and Homeowner Complaints Summary (see attached). As indicated above, a new homeowner had submitted an H/PIA for his new fence as requested. A letter had been sent to to homeowner on Country Field regarding a car permanently parked in the street. This has since been moved. This had been done reportedly, to stop drivers speeding along Country Field. Don had requested COC police to put their radar trailer in Country Field – this had been done - and for the 25 MPH sign to be moved to a more visible position. This also has been done. This issue sparked discussion as to whether a no parking zone be requested for the initial section of Country Field off Baxter Rd. It was decided that we would need input from the impacted homeowners first and it further discussion was tabled until after the Baxter Rd project meeting in January. A homeowner on Golden Rain had complained about erosion of the common ground at the rear of their home, caused by the creek. Don had responded to the homeowner stating the policy of the sub-division is to follow Missouri law, that the erosion is a natural feature of the common ground with which the sub-division does not interfere.
- Common Ground Report: Adam reported that he had received a bid from Steif regarding replacement of the steps between Golden Rain and Country Field with concrete blocks. He said he needed more detail on the bid and would report on this at the next meeting. It was also reported that tree trimmings had been dumped on the common ground at Baxter/Kempwood. It was suggested that a note to homeowners in this area reminding them of the rules about dumping tree trimmings on common ground was warranted.
- Home Appearance Issues: Nothing new to report.
- H/PIA Issues: See above
- Past Due Assessment Recovery: This is currently in the hands of the attorney.
- Homeowner Forum: Nothing to report.
- AOB: Mail pick up roster is as follows:
|December – Austin
|January - Adam
- Next Meeting: January 20th at Kehrs Mill Elementary.
- The meeting was adjourned 8:20 pm.
- Download the minutes in PDF format.