Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
Subdivision Meeting
February 10, 2011

Special Meeting: Prior to the scheduled meeting, there was a brief meeting with Paul Sneed and his team from St Louis County who are responsible for the Baxter Rd restructuring project. The proposed changes to the Baxter Rd/Country Ridge junction and the planned changes to the entry park were reviewed. Country Ridge will be lowered, starting from the Country Ridge/Golden Rain junction, to meet the lowered (5 ft) Baxter Road. This necessitates a retaining wall being constructed around the park on Baxter and Country Ridge with planned steps leading down from the park to the lowered CR sidewalk. After some discussion, it was agreed by the Trustees that the steps be removed from the plan and that the entrance to the park should be on Golden Rain. The proposed railing will run now continuously around the top of the retaining wall. The St Louis Co team will provide the necessary paper work documenting this change for signature by the Trustees.

  1. Call to Order: Board President Don Baird called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm. Also present were Trustees Scott Eiler, Adam Hale, Austin Peppin and Kevin Prunty. Homeowners Michael Olszewski and Mark Stolzenburg were also in attendance. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added. Kevin motioned that the minutes of the December 17th meeting be approved as read. Adam seconded and the vote was unanimous.

    Don then made a presentation to Michael Olszewski of a plaque commemorating and thanking him for his 18 years of service to the Board. Michael expressed his sincere thanks for the award.


  2. President’s Report: Don reported that he had concluded a revised agreement (for $5/lf) with Laclede Gas for an easement on the common ground bordering Baxter and behind Kempwood, as part of the Baxter Rd project. Laclede is sending a revised letter of agreement. Scott proposed that Don sign this letter on receipt on behalf of the Trustees. This was seconded and the vote was unanimous. Three homeowners on Golden Rain and also impacted are making their own individual agreements with Laclede Gas. Don also reminded everyone that Kevin Pfarr has developed individual e-mail addresses for Trustees based on the web-site. Scott, Adam and Kevin agreed to try out these addresses. Don said he would communicate with Kevin Pfarr to arrange.

  3. Treasurers Report: Scott presented the final financial report for 2010 (See Report attached). He reported a $5413.60 net income for the year. No tax implications are expected on this due to past loss carry-overs. He also reported that Assessment receipts in January/February for 2011 are on target and on a par with numbers received in early 2010.

  4. Secretaries Report: Austin noted there had been no new resident complaints. He also presented an update on Indenture violations (see attached report). One violation letter had been sent out in Jan regarding a broken fence on Golden Rain. How to deal with the issue of tree trimmings on the common ground behind Kempwood was still pending. Don and Scott said they would personally visit the homeowner at 15204 Kempwood to discuss the problem. Adam and Kevin reported they had received negative feedback on violation letters from two homeowners who had received them. They recommended that the violation letter be reviewed and that possibly we should review the policy for violations, and maybe making a personal visit to discuss the problem with the homeowner prior to sending a letter. Resolution was delayed to the next meeting. Don pointed out that the trailer at 15407 CR had still not been moved. It was agreed that Don and Scott would speak to the homeowner again. Austin also presented a summary or average home sales prices on Meadowbrook Farm sub-division for the period 2004-2010 (see attached summary). This was based on information kindly provided by Janice Freeman of Prudential Realtors. The summary shows a significant decrease in average sales price in 2010 to below 2004 levels. Foreclosure sales appear to have been a significant factor in the past three years. Austin expressed his opinion that it was important that the Board maintain, as a priority, programs that help maintain the quality of the sub-division and home values, such as enforcement of the Indenture, Yard of the Month and other such current or new programs.

  5. Common Ground Report: Nothing to report.

  6. Home Appearance Issues: Nothing new to report.

  7. H/PIA Issues: Nothing to report.

  8. Neighborhood Watch: Kevin suggested that the web-site map be modified so that residents could see more clearly which neighborhood district they are in. This may make it easier to recruit captains and reactivate participation. Kevin said he would talk to Kevin Pfarr about this issue.

  9. Past Due Assessment Recovery: A court judgment was received against the owners of xxxx Parasol for unpaid assessment fees, penalties and legal costs due. It was agreed that recovery should be by a lien on the home.

  10. Homeowner Forum: Michael Olszewski reported that Dan Hurt is running for mayor of the City of Chesterfield. Dan had previously been a council member and represented the area including MF/CE sub-division. It was Mike’s opinion that Dan had been very helpful in gaining grants for improvements to the sub-division common grounds. An e-mail had been received from the resident at 2034 Fairway Bend requesting permission to have a wedding rehearsal tent and dinner in early June. The Trustees saw not objection to this as long as the homeowner was complying with City regulations (he has applied for a City permit). However, one issue was raised; it is not known if the tent, party will extend into the common ground at the rear of the property, in which case there may be a liability issue. Kevin said he would visit the homeowner to discuss his plans and resolve this issue.

  11. Baxter Rd Project: Austin raised the issue of who would be in charge of the sub-division’s project work required as part of the Baxter Rd project (modifications to the Baxter Rd entry, funded by the grant received from St Louis Co). It was agreed that for now Don would be point person. Michael reminded the Board that during the Baxter Rd modifications that St Louis Co had $5M insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.

  12. AOB: Mail pick up roster is as follows:
    February – Don
    March - Scott
    April – Austin
    May – Kevin

  13. Next Meeting: March 24th at the Chesterfield Library (Sachs Branch) at 7:00 pm.

  14. The meeting was adjourned 9:20 pm.

  15. Download the minutes in PDF format.