Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
Subdivision Meeting
May 19, 2011

  1. Call to Order: Board President Don Baird called the meeting to order at 7:30pm. Also present were Trustees Scott Eiler, Adam Hale and Kevin Prunty. Austin Peppin was out of the country on vacation. No homeowners were in attendance and a copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added and Scott motioned that the minutes of the March 24th meeting be approved as read. Kevin seconded and the vote was unanimous.

  2. President’s Report:
    1. There was discussion about what the Board should be doing right now as it relates to the monument park at Country Ridge & Baxter in light of the road work currently underway, specifically with regard to the sprinkler heads and electricity, and ensuring that there is water and electricity running into the monument park for lighting and watering the plants in the area. The discussion ended with agreement that the Board would talk with electricians and sprinkler contractors to figure out what is and isn’t feasible to enable distribution of power and sprinkler water to all four corners of CR & BR. Don mentioned that Trustees (and any interested homeowners) should take pictures of any other subdivision’s signs that are appealing to use as ideas for the signs our subdivision will eventually have at this entrance.
    2. Don also suggested that the Board conduct a review of the subdivision’s insurance policies. Scott’s recollection was that a review was done approximately two years ago and noted that our current policy comes up for renewal in June, and that once that is paid we can look into a potential review of both the cost and comprehensiveness of our current arrangement.

  3. Treasurers Report: Scott reported that there have been liens placed on those homeowners that have been slow payers on subdivision dues. As of the date of the meeting, the amount of past due payees for dues was a bit higher this year than in past years, but Scott believes this is more a function of the later timing of when the bills were sent. Scott also mentioned that he wants to make sure there is a “second set of eyes” on the financials he prepares to make sure they are consistent with the bank statements. (Financial report attached to these minutes).

  4. Secretaries Report: The various complaints and indenture violations were discussed and plans to handle each item, where appropriate, were agreed to. The reports are attached to these minutes. Issues: 15269 CR – AP to write a letter indicating homeowner responsibility; 2017 Long Gate complaint – no violation, AP to write a letter; 12579 CR shed – Kevin & Scott to knock on door and if no response, a letter to be sent; Tills complaint – no issue report has been received, so no action;

  5. Common Ground Report: Adam reported that the downed tree in the vicinity of the common ground behind 15339 Thistlebriar was cleaned up, and that we received a bid to repair the steps at Golden Rain/Country Ridge from Erich Stief for $2655. The Board agreed to proceed with Mr. Stief’s quote and repair. The Board also agreed to utilize Mr. Stief’s services to remove the dead tree in the Long Castle cul-de-sac. It has been removed. The next cul-de-sac cleanup will be Shadyford, and Scott agreed to check into who was used last year to refurbish cul-de-sacs. Adam will check with the/a sprinkler company to save the part of the Monument sprinkler system that will not be re-graded. The sprinkler system line that is in the ground that will be re-graded must be cut and capped so that sprinkler section can be removed/disconnected from the working section.

  6. Home Appearance Issues: Fence down at 2015 Country Field (see 4 above). Kevin to knock on door and if no response, a letter to be sent. Tills complaint regarding neighbor’s back yards; an issue report was requested but no report has been received to date.

  7. H/PIA Issues: Two H/PIA forms were submitted as reported by Kevin, and both were approved as they were replacements of existing decks.

  8. Neighborhood Watch: Nothing specific to report, though it was noted that all homeowners should continue to be vigilant in making sure doors are locked and no valuables are left in cars parked in driveways.

  9. Yard of the Month: The first yard of the month award was noted, with Ms. Rumph at 15701 Country Ridge Drive winning for May. Congratulations!

  10. Homeowner Forum: Nothing to report.

  11. Baxter Rd Project: See 2 above.

  12. AOB:
    1. It was officially read into the minutes that the Board wanted to recognize Meredith McMindes for her 16+ years of service to the subdivision as a Board member and a picture of Austin presenting her with a plaque from the subdivision was handed out.
    2. Don reported that two homeowners have volunteered to handle the 4th of July parade, but that any homeowners interested in helping should contact the Board to be connected with these two homeowners
    3. Mail duty:
      1. June – Adam
      2. July – Don
      3. August - Scott

  13. Next Meeting: The next meeting is July 21st 2011, at a library location to be determined (summer location).

  14. The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm.

  15. Download the minutes in PDF format.