Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
July 26, 2012
- Call to Order: Board President Scott Eiler called the meeting to order at 7:30pm. Also present were Trustees Kevin Pfarr, Adam Hale and Austin Peppin. Kevin Prunty was unavailable. No homeowners were in attendance. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added. There was discussion on the minutes of the last meeting and Scott recommended a slight correction to the common ground section. Scott motioned that the minutes of the April 19 meeting be approved as so amended; Adam seconded and the vote was unanimous.
- President’s Report: Scott noted that the next Newsletter will go out in September with the annual meeting notice.
- Treasurer's Report: Scott presented the latest financial report (see attached). There were no significant issues to report. There are still some overdue assessments to be received, but the amount is similar to previous years at this stage.
- Secretaries Report: Austin presented a list of suggested dates for the 2012-2013 meeting schedule; these were agreed upon (see attached). Austin will follow up to book venues.
- Common Ground Report: Adam recommended that we hire a landscaper to provide a plan for renovation of areas impacted by the Baxter Rd project, but, in addition, to provide suggestions for re-landscaping cul-de-sac circles – basically a sub-division landscaping renovation plan. All agreed that this was workable suggestion. Adam will contact the City of Chesterfield for a suggestion on a landscaper. Scott/Austin will also provide to Adam the name of the landscaper working with the County on the Baxter Rd project. Adam will then contact these landscapers and make a recommendation on the hiring of a candidate. An RFQ for signage at the Baxter/Country Ridge corner was delayed until after we obtain input from a landscaper. Asphalting the common ground paths was discussed. Adam will obtain a bid for doing this work. Scott recommended that we do a total review of the common ground mowing and come up with a new plan for 2013. This was agreed by all. Scott will arrange for the Board to walk the common ground in the near future so that we can develop a new plan appropriate to today’s needs. The board had received a complaint from a homeowner regarding fallen braches on the common ground behind Winterhaven. These have been removed and Austin will write a note to the homeowner
- H/PIA Applications: Kevin Pfarr presented an update report (attached) showing H/PIA requests and approvals to date this year. Two H/PIAs were approved in June.
- Home Appearance Issues: Austin had spoken to Curtis at the COC and asked him to inspect two homes on Country Ridge and Strollways with overgrown trees and shrubbery. Curtis reported that while unsightly, he could note cite either home. He did cite the home on Strollways, however for storage of trash cans on the front porch. Recently the Board has received a few appearance Issue Reports from concerned homeowners. These involved a deteriorated home (currently a rental property), fence posts and a home on Country Field being used (rental) as a roofing business. It was agreed that: Scott would arrange for a viewing of the deteriorated home; Austin will write a letter to the homeowner regarding removal of the fence posts; Scott will arrange with the attorney to write a letter to the homeowner regarding infringements of the Indenture.
- Yard of the Month: Austin reported that the YOM winner for August is Mr & Mrs Pittman at 15354 Country Ridge Dr. Congratulations to the Pittmans.
- Homeowner Forum: No homeowners were present.
- Baxter Road Project: The project appears to be progressing on schedule. Scott reported on an e-mail from Paul Sneed indicating that the contractor had completed and graded the new path in the Memorial Park and but would not be laying sod until September due to the heat.
- Mail duty:
- August – Hale
- September – Prunty
- October – Peppin
- Next Meeting: The next meeting is scheduled for Sept 13 2012 at 7:30 pm at KME
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 pm.
- Download the minutes in PDF format.